Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Day Four: Akerretta

Ok I've procrastinated long enough about writing this entry. Today I was rudely awakened at around 5:30 after a fitful sleep next to one of the loudest snorers I have ever heard.
Our hike definitely was longer than yesterday, but a lot more enjoyable with small villages that looked like they came straight out of a fairy tale.
I now feel like a 80 year old now that my knees ache and it's a struggle just to stand up. I'm definitely tired, but happy to be here and eager to learn more about the region.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I hope all is well and I miss you terribly. I thought I was going to burst when I couldn't call you yesterday, I have good news.... Lets just say your premonition came true.

You both seem to be having a wonderful time, I hope your bodies are holding up to the increase of activity.
Any blisters yet?
I love you all so much.

Love,
The new third grade teacher in the family (Caroline)

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about you both all day long, praying you will stay strong and healthy and your days are colored by wonderful new friendships and beautiful vistas. I enjoyed hearing your voice in this post, David. It's great to see a teen's perspective on the Camino. Can't wait to hear and see more! - Love, Mom -