Saturday, June 7, 2008

Day Seven Villafranca del Bierzo

Today we walked through the stereotypical Spain. There were beautiful vineyards everywhere and cute little towns to pass through with outside cafes, the whole nine yards. We came to the albergue around 2:00pm and set up our sleeping bags. After that we took showers and I washed clothes in a pila, like in Honduras (yes Mom, I actually can wash clothes all by myself, it is possible, just rare).


Today was sooooooo hot, we sweat alot and even had to unzip our zip off pants that I swore I would never unzip. I have to say I can not wait for the last day when I can buy some jeans to wear on the airplane. Zip off pants and green running shorts just don't cut if for me. Today I also hiked in my ugly red sandals. My feet were getting really hot in my boots so I decided to take them off and wear my sandals. Suprisingly, I did not get any blisters, but I did get a pair of very dirty socks (the reason for the laundry). Now when I say these sandals are ugly I mean they are really ugly. They are bright red with bottoms like hiking boots.
They are shaped like Tevas with a rubber toe so, picture that; or here is a picture of them:

Sorry we can not upload any pictures from our trip. We aren´t able to plug in the memory card from the camera to the computer.
Love ya
See ya
Bye
Caroline

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's okay about the pictures, i forgive you... this time.
Dude today was the Avocet garage sale... and my mom was like it's too hot so we went to sears instead. Fun stuff right? Not. Nothings really happened recently... What time is it there? Like.. 5 now? I should probably jsut go look at the time blog was posted at. I miss you tons and tons. Come home soon.
-JECH

Anonymous said...

Those are the perfect shoes Bennett needs for our trip to Belgium. I'll tell her how highly you recommend them!

Anonymous said...

haha. right...

These are the shoes finally decided on? After going back and forth about either taking Crocs or sandals you choose C) none of the above???
fine. it doesn't bother me but im just surprised. haha
Glad its going well. Joanie's right there isn't much going on. I finally watched Juno and then was forced to see Bring It On: All or Nothing by my sister. Surprisingly good after my insistent refusals. Promise to email you back soon!!
Love ya,
Bennett

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny that the thing you worried about the most, blisters, has not been an issue. I think you can admit to daddy the hours you spent soaking your feet in tea and putting lanolin on them really worked. As weird as it was, he gave you good advice.
David and I miss you and Daddy very much, but we are so glad you can have this beautiful experience. Keep walking, keep praying and keep listening to what God is telling you through this pilgrimage. I love you! -Mom-

Rhonda said...

Okay, so I kind of like those red shoes. What does that say about ME?!

:o)

Blessings to you both as you continue your journey.

God's peace,
Rhonda Boyle