Friday, June 6, 2008

Flowers

Hey guys,
I just wanted to say thank you so much for your prayers. They have really lifted me up and helped me to go on and have better days. The last time I posted I was very tired and ready to give up, but it is a wonder what a good nights sleep and prayers from about 50 different people can do for you. The last 3 nights we have stayed in hostels versus albergues and have had private rooms and I have gotten so much more sleep. Tonight we are staying in another albergue. Don´t worry-- it is a baby step though and each room has only 4 people in it; we are sharing with a nice German couple (who hopefully don´t snore).
Yesterday we passed through the most wonderful landscape. There were beautiful wildflowers everywhere that I can´t even begin to descibe. They were in all shades of purple, yellow, and some orange. There was the most unusual feelling as we were walking through these flowers. It made you feel as if you had to sing; as though if you did not sing your heart would burst and you would not be doing the flowers justice if you did not add your voice. As we passed people, they were all singing no matter what language.
I would love to tell you more, but I only have 15 minutes on the computer and there are 3 people waiting for it
Thanks for all the prayers,
Caroline

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you sang. =]
I also hope you are taking MANY pictures.
I'm super glad everythings better now, and you can walk.
Phase four of my Ready Set planning is.. READY SET Enjoy it.
I drove on the highway yesterday.. And on wednessday I almost got hit by a truck. That would have been fun... not. Dude okay I found out if I got dehydrated.. while on tobi (which is the rest of my life) I could loose my hearing... Guess whose not going ANYWHERE without water from now on... If you guessed Joanie youre right. And Joanie is making her brother carry water everywhere from now on too. Amazing plan huh? =] OO! Okay so we took this pre-test run a mile first day of PE, my time was 12:12... And i'm not realling running as I am jogging grandma pase so I don't fall over and die... Today was the mid-test.. only its not really in the middle as it is just 1.5 weeks later... My time is now.. 10:36!! Yay! Thats an improvement by.. um.. hold on *calculater* 144 seconds!And roughly 2 minutes 40 seconds. =] Were gonna go running one of these days. Mkay its settled.. I'll let you read some other comments now because I sense my comment is getting kind of long and you apparently only have 15 minutes. Ooo and my mom thought gmail.. was german mail. hehehe.
-JECH

Anonymous said...

God is good! We (the Honduras missionaries) all offered a prayer for you last night as we lounged around Fr Dye's pool and ate barbecue! We miss you.

Patti

Anonymous said...

Did you feel like Maria VanTrapp? Wrong country, but same feeling!
Can't wait to see the pictures!
I was surprised you actually carried rocks! How much weight did they take up!!!!
Love you both!
Keep up he great work!

Aunt Pat

Unknown said...

thats great that youre doing better.
i just realized that we leave for honduras the day you get back.
as soon as i get back from honduras, we all have to hang out together.

Len said...

I love the way you described the flowers. I can just picture you and Daddy walking through them. Thanks for sharing the way they made you feel. Love you, Mom

Rhonda said...

I can smell the flowers and hear your joyful singing!

God's peace,

Rhonda Boyle