Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Finisterre

First, we apologize for not posting more. At $.06 per minute for cyber time, we are limiting ourselves. We spent all our money loading up pictures!!! It has also been hard to find computers that were not being used.

But we have made it to our final destination. We are tired, but happy. Last night was our last night in an albergue and I was a bit sad. Not about the snorer that kept everyone up, but about how it was so nice to meet people in the common areas. Last night we met a girl from Poland. Tonight we are truly back to being tourist in a hotel taking pictures and seeing the sites. We plan to go to the highest point tonight to see the sunset, a tradition for all pilgrims.

We have walked our path and shared our experiences. Caroline and I realized we had never spent this much time together, just the two of us in our lives; and we probably never will again. It makes me cry to think that.

On the walk yesterday I realized that after the second day on the trip I never saw Caroline use her Ipod. I figured she had lost it, so I asked her ¨Why have you not used it?¨ Her answer, ¨Because I wanted to talk to you!¨ Who could ask for anything more.

We will update you more when we get a chance.
God bless you all and thanks again for all the prayers and support.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reading about your trip has inspired me to consider a pilmgrimage to Spain or Portugual. I am so happy for both of you. This is something you will never forget for the rest of your lives!

Anonymous said...

We are SO proud of you both for finishing what you started out to do. Caroline, you did it!! I know there was a period there where you had doubts but you persevered. I can't wait to see all the pictures and to sit down with you and your dad and hear all about your adventure. Enjoy the next couple of days, you guys EARNED it! We'll take good care of your mom and David when they're here!

Love you guys,
Uncle Richard and family